BASKETBALL MANAGER LEAGUE
PLAY FOR FREE. COMPETE GLOBALLY. WIN PRIZES
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
FASTBREAKPLAY IS COMPLIANT WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES, AND PLAY IS REGULATED IN ALL FIFTY STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. FASTBREAKPLAY MAY BE PLAYED SUBJECT TO THESE RULES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, ARIZONA, IOWA, LOUISIANA, MONTANA, NORTH DAKOTA, TENNESSEE, VERMONT, WASHINGTON, AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES THAT PROHIBIT PARTICIPATION (THE “ELIGIBILITY AREA”)). RESTRICTED STATES IN THE UNITED STATES MAY PLAY FASTBREAKPLAY, BUT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY PRIZES OR REWARDS. THESE RULES HAVE BEEN PREPARED AND EVALUATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES.
DO NOT PLAY FASTBREAKPLAY IF: (a) YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST 14 YEARS OF AGE AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY; and (b) YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, THE ELIGIBILITY AREA DURING THE ENTIRE TERM OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN FASTBREAKPLAY. SEE BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS.
BY ENTERING TO PLAY FASTBREAKPLAY, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
a. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY FOR FREE LEAGUE PLAY. FastBreakPlay Free Leagues (as defined on our website) may be played by anyone in the Eligibility Area that is at least 14 years of age, and is not otherwise prohibited from playing FastBreakPlay. Employees of (i) Global Online Sports and Entertainment LLC, FastBreakPlay, or their respective affiliates, and (ii) any entity directly connected with the development, implementation or marketing of FastBreakPlay, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household members of each such employee are not eligible. FastBreakPlay is void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
b. PURCHASE NECESSARY FOR PREMIUM LEAGUE PLAY. FastBreakPlay Premium League (as defined on our website) may be played by anyone in the Eligibility Area that is at least 18 years of age, and is not otherwise prohibited from playing FastBreakPlay. Employees of (i) Global Online Sports and Entertainment LLC, FastBreakPlay, or their respective affiliates, and (ii) any entity directly connected with the development, implementation or marketing of FastBreakPlay, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household members of each such employee are not eligible. FastBreakPlay Premium Leagues play is void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
3. SPONSOR; PROMOTERS. This game is created and sponsored by the Providers. To the extent any advertisers are associated with FastBreakPlay, each such advertiser shall be deemed a "Promoter" for purposes of these Official Rules.
4. ENTRY PAGE. To access the FastBreakPlay entry page, please click HERE.
6. PASSWORD. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. The Providers, Promoters and other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
7. TIMING. Registration and commencement of your participation is dependent on the availability of other users of FastBreakPlay. Championship and Tournament FastBreakPlay Leagues will begin every thirty-five (35) days, and play within those leagues may only begin at the start of a thirty-five day period; a player may not join a Championship or Tournament League once the league play has commenced for that season. Regular play among other users and leagues may be played at any time.
8. HOW TO ENTER.
a. Enter Online. Log on to fastbreakplay.com and click the link to Register. You will be presented with a form that must be filled out.
b. More than one account is allowed. You may have multiple accounts on FastBreakPlay.
c. Mechanics of entry. Only entries received online in accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted. No other forms of entry - fax, mail, email, phone or other - will be accepted.
d. Void. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
e. Change of User Information. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Providers of any changes to user information, which may be done solely by updating account information once logged in to FastBreakPlay. To do so, click on MY ACCOUNT and follow the instructions to edit information.
f. Entry Errors.
i. The Providers are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
ii. The Providers are not responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with FastBreakPlay, including without limitation (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
g. No Return of Entries; Disputes. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Providers and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person, of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. The Providers may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or password associated with the winning entry.
9. HOW TO PLAY. See the GAME RULES and/or FAQ for a description of the FastBreakPlay game process and rules.
10. PRIZES. Winners of the FastBreakPlay Championship Leagues and Tournament Play will be eligible for prizes, of which the total approximate retail value for all prizes in any one competition will not exceed $5,000.
a. OVERALL PRIZES – ALL PRIZES WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN ADVANCE OF CONTEST COMMENCEMENT.
i. All prizes available to FastBreakPlay users will be announced prior to the start of a contest league. If there is a substitution of a prize, the substituting prize will be of equal approximate retail value as the price it is replacing. FastBreakPlay makes no representation or warranty in respect to any prize, and in no event guarantees any prize’s condition, availability, or quality.
b. Tie. In the event of a tie, a team's league points will be carried out to as many decimal places as necessary to determine a winner.
c. Odds. Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative skill of each individual user in playing FastBreakPlay.
d. Collusion. All teams contending for overall prizes will be inspected by the Providers for collusion. The Providers reserve the right to remove teams at their discretion from the game and award prizes to the next highest winner.
e. Substitution. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the Providers’ sole discretion due to prize unavailability. The Providers reserve the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value. THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TAXES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
f. Prize Delivery. Overall Prize Winners should allow up to 6-8 weeks to receive their prize. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fourteen (14) days after being sent will be forfeited. Winners should allow 6-12 weeks from the conclusion of the game to receive their prize.
g. No Warranty. Entrants acknowledge that the Providers and their respective agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality. The only warranty for any prize is the standard limited written warranty from the prize's manufacturer, if any, which may be included with, and applicable to, the prize. All teams contending for overall prizes will be inspected by the Providers’ office for collusion. The Providers reserve the right to remove teams at their discretion from the leaderboard and award prizes to the next highest winner.
11. POTENTIAL WINNERS.
a. Verification. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY PROVIDERS, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. PROVIDERS SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIBIGILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. PROVIDERS WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
b. "Prize Notice" via Email or Mail. Potential winners will be notified via email (or overnight mail) sent within fifteen (15) business days following the end of the respective contest. Entrants are responsible for insuring that all mailing and e-mail information is up-to-date and accurate.
c. Alternate Potential Winners; Disqualification. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected (i.e., the next highest scorer) if (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within five (5) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then Providers shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its or their sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or donate the prize to another entity, at its sole discretion).
d. Releases and Affidavits. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice.
e. Release. By participating in FastBreakPlay or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless the Providers and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this contest (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
f. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in FastBreakPlay constitutes winner's consent to the Providers’, and its or their agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
12. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION.
a. Conduct. Providers reserves the right in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend any contest and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Providers may lock out an entrant who, in the Providers’ sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GAME OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND PROVIDERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
b. Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, Providers may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend any contest if, in their sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the game, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
c. Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation or termination the entrant who has accumulated the highest point total (and who wins any pending tiebreakers) at the time of any said action will be awarded the prizes, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by the Providers.
13. GAMBLING PROHIBITION. FastBreakPlay is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
14. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to FastBreakPlay or prizes, and are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with FastBreakPlay; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of FastBreakPlay; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in FastBreakPlay, access to, copying or downloading materials from fastbreakplay.com or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
15. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with FastBreakPlay or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York county, New York state, i.e., Manhattan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York law, without reference to New York's choice of law rules, governs FastBreakPlay and all aspects related thereto.